This is relative to my cooking as well. I'm constantly questioning; How can I make this recipe healthier? Can I substitute any ingredients to make this meal a clean eating choice? Is it possible to reduce the calorie content? What can I do to make this recipe even more delicious? I can go on and on, but I think you get the point! Lol!
So, in seeking to make my protein pancakes even better, I came up with this wonderful recipe! Cinnamon Chocolate Protein Pancakes with PB & Banana Topping!
|Cinnamon Chocolate Protein Pancakes with PB & Banana Topping|
- 1 scoop Chocolate Whey Protein (VPX SRO Zero Carb)
- 1/4 cup Quick Cooking Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Egg Whites
- 1/8 cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 1/8 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Banana (sliced)
1) Blend all ingredients together (I use my Magic Bullet).
2) Cook pancakes on Low heat on a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Spread half tbsp Natural PB on first pancake while warm.
4) Place second pancake on top and spread remaining Natural PB on top.
5) Top with Banana slices.
Serving Size: 2 medium sized Protein Pancakes
Nutrition (includes the topping!): 370 calories, 33g protein, 9g fat, 282.5mg sodium, 36g carbs, 6g fiber
These came out great! They were thicker and much more moist than the original recipe. I really like the addition of cinnamon as it boosts metabolic rate and flavor. Also, I'm very happy I was able to reduce the calories from 467 to 370! Tastier and healthier for the win!