I find it only appropriate that my first post in quite sometime be protein pancakes since I do have a slight obsession with pancakes :) Made these bad boys with just a few ingredients and they turned out moist and delicious!!!
The nutrition on these are awesometastic! 30g of protein and 25g of carbohydrates with 6g of fiber. Also a great source of potassium because we used a fresh banana! Under 300 calories breakfast, lunch, or even dinner if you are like me and eat pancakes any time of day.
- 1 scoop VPX Sports SRO Zero Carb Whey Protein (I used chocolate but they also have Vanilla, and a yummy Graham Cracker flavor you could use!) If you can't find VPX Sports protein powder at your local nutrition shop you can purchase it online at www.vpxsports.com and use my code: CANDY20 for 20% off and free shipping!
- 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp Chocolate PB2 (this is cocoa powdered peanut butter which is amazing)
- 1 Large Brown Organic Egg
- 75g Organic Banana (half is used in the batter, the other half is used as a topping)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder (Clabber Girl)
- Dash of Cinnamon (cause I put cinnamon in almost everything haha!)
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender (I use my Magic Bullet) except for half of the banana because you will use that as a filler and topping!
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat on Low.
- Pour batter on to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
*Tip* When your pancakes begin to bubble, that is a good indicator they are ready to flip!
- Slice remaining banana and layer between protein pancakes.
I like to finish off my pancakes with sugar free pancake syrup such at Walden Farms or Maple Grove Farms. You can do the same or top with fruit and/or peanut butter! #IIFYM
280 calories, 7g fat, 251g sodium, 512g potassium
25g carbohydrates (6g fiber, 11g sugar), 30g protein