Here is a wonderful way to make one of my favorite foods… PIZZA!
Pizza is generally considered a "cheat meal" because let's face it… most of the time you order a pie, you open up the cardboard box, and low and behold there's a shiny grease laden pizza. But, it doesn't have to be that way! Save yourself the calories, fat, and carbohydrates and make your own, healthier pizza at home. Trust me, it's much easier than you might think to make your own pizza! You'll thank me after you try this recipe :)
Most pizzas are chock full of canned and processed ingredients, which I am not a fan of. So, we are going to be using all natural, whole foods to make our paleo pizza!
Pizza Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups Almond Flour (I ground all natural, whole almonds in the VitaMix)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Organic, Cage-Free Eggs (You may use just egg whites if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (You can use Almond Cheese if you're Lactose Intolerant)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all paleo pizza crust ingredients together to form a dough.
- Spray baking tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place dough on baking sheet and form into desired pizza shape (I actually did mine in a rectangle).
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove paleo pizza crust from oven (careful it's hot!).
- Add toppings.
- Organic, low sodium tomato sauce and/or crushed tomatoes
- Low-fat cheese or Almond cheese
- Pre-cooked chicken breast
- Pre-cooked ham
- Pre-cooked turkey breast
My mom and I made this together over the weekend and the whole family loved it! The guys didn't even realize it was a gluten-free pizza haha! Success :) It is so satisfying to be able to eat your favorite foods, and actually enjoy them with zero guilt because not only is it tasty, it's healthy too! I guarantee that you won't be feeling disgusting or bloated after this pizza pie!
Eat clean. Train mean. Live lean.