With just 3 simple ingredients you can make...
Low Carb Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes"
- One bag of frozen Cauliflower Florets (you can use a head of fresh cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetend Vanilla Almond Milk
- Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- Empty cauliflower florets into a microwave safe dish with a couple tablespoons of water and cover.
- Heat on high (covered) for 10-12 minutes, stirring one time half way.
- Pour microwaved cauliflower into a blender or processor (if you don't have either, you can use a masher, it will just take longer).
- Add in the 1/4 cup of almond milk and season with Mrs. Dash to your liking.
- Blend the ingredients together to your desired consistency (I personally like mine a little chunkier, but I know some people who prefer them pureed).
And.... you are done!
You can choose to garnish with some low fat shredded cheese or if you're going gluten and dairy free you can use almond cheese like I did. You can purchase almond cheese at your local health food store such as Whole Foods. They have a few different flavors like cheddar, monterrey jack, or mozzarella like I used. If I had some green onions or chives I probably would have added those on top too!
100 grams of Cauliflower:
23 calories, 0g fat, 4g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 2g protein
100 grams of Potato:
94 calories, 0g fat, 21g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 2g protein