Most people celebrate St. Patrick's Day by drinking green beer...
I'd rather eat pancakes! Lol!
So, in honor of the Irish holiday I made some delicious and nutritious protein pancakes :)
Spinach & Zucchini St. Patty's Day Protein Pancakes
- 1 scoop VPX SRO Whey Protein (I used chocolate)
- 1/2 small Zucchini (cut into slices)
- 1 cup Organic Spinach
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 3 tbsp Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp Organic Ground Golden Flax Seed
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- Coat pan with non-stick cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Mix all ingredients in food processor (or blender, or Magic Bullet, etc.) until smooth.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter onto pan and cook on Low heat until golden brown
(this should take about 2 minutes on each side).
*Tip* When the pancake begins to bubble that is a good indicator that you should flip!
This recipe makes 3 medium sized protein pancakes which equals 1 serving.
As a topping, I added 1/2 tbsp of Sunbutter (all natural sunflower spread) and 1/2 tbsp of Walden Farms Pancake Syrup. You can choose to add whatever you like or whatever fits your macros.
- All Natural Unsalted Nuts or Seeds
- All Natural Nut Butter (Almond, Peanut, Sunflower)
- All Natural Organic Jam (Apple, Blueberry, Peach, etc.)
- Cottage Cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Organic Fruit (Apples, Blueberries, Cranberries, Peaches, Pears, Strawberries, etc.)
238 calories, 4g fat, 308mg sodium, 193mg potassium,
21g carbohydrates (5g fiber, 1g sugar) 30g PROTEIN