Follow me on Facebook!

Friday, October 24, 2014

High Protein French Toast

High Protein French Toast



First of all, I would like to say thank you to my swolesista Rachel Bielmeier for introducing me to this awesome bread by Pepperidge Farm which is just 45 calories per slice!  It's low fat, a good source of fiber, cholesterol free, and made with whole whole grains.


Light Style Soft Wheat Bread

Nutrition Facts*
Amount per Serving (serving size) = 3 slices
  • Calories 130
  • Fat Calories 10
  • Total Fat 1g
  • Sat. Fat 0g
  • Trans Fat 0g
  • Polyunsat. Fat 0.5g
  • Monounsat. Fat 0g
  • Cholesterol 0mg
  • Sodium 220mg
  • Total Carb. 25g
  • Dietary Fiber 4g
  • Sugars 3g
  • Protein 8g


Secondly, let's get down to business!  I really wanted french toast this morning so... I made it!  But, I wanted more protein so what did I do?  I used my VPX Sports Zero Carb Whey Protein Powder! You can use my discount code: CANDY20 for 20% off of your order and Free Shipping.

Ingredients:
- 2 slices of Soft Wheat Bread
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/3 scoop VPX SRO Whey Protein Powder (I used Vanilla)
- Dash of Apple Pie Spice
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- Splash of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

Toppings:
- Banana Slices
- Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
- Fat Free Redi Whip

Side:
- 2 slices of Jennie-O Turkey Bacon













Instructions:
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl and soak bread slices in mixture.
- Cook each side of the bread in a sprayed or greased pan on medium-high until golden brown.
- While the french toast is cooking in the pan I cooked my bacon in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- When the french toast is done, place on a plate and add toppings.
- Enjoy!

In total, this took about 10 minutes to make and it is all less than 250 calories! :)




Nutritional Information 
(For the entire breakfast, including the bacon!)
241 Calories, 7g Fat, 22 Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 27g Protein


No comments:

Post a Comment