Anyways, you're not here to read about my life. I know you want this super easy, healthy, and of course, delicious slow cooker chicken recipe! Just a quick background explanation about it though :) I have always either baked or grilled my chicken breasts in preparation for meals throughout the week. Recently, since I have been so short on time, I have begun to utilize my crock pot more and more! And boy am I glad I did. This is by far the most convenient way I have ever cooked my chicken breasts, so I figured I would share it with you. It's perfect for anyone! If you're on competition prep, you're single, married, a busy mother or father with kids, this is just GREAT!
As I've stated before in previous posts, I usually buy my chicken breasts in bulk and cook them all at once so I have protein ready to grab and go at any time.
Healthy & EASY Crock Pot Chicken
- 4 lbs of Chicken Breast (You can always cook less if you don't want to make a huge batch)
- 1 to 2 cups of Low Sodium Chicken Broth (Enough to almost cover the chicken)
- Herbs & Seasonings You Like! (I usually use Mrs. Dash)
- Place fresh, unfrozen all natural Chicken Breasts in your crock pot.
- Season to taste.
- Pour Low Sodium Chicken Broth over the Chicken Breasts.
- Cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Use two forks to pull apart the Chicken Breasts. It will practically fall apart because it is so moist and tender.
Place chicken in a covered container and use in any recipes throughout the week that call for shredded chicken!
- Shredded chicken salad.
- Shredded chicken tacos.
- Pulled chicken sandwiches.
- BBQ pulled chicken and veggies.
- Pulled chicken pizza.
- Chicken quesadillas.
- Pulled chicken pitas.
- Shredded buffalo chicken sliders.
- Slow cooker chicken nachos.
I mean really, the list is ENDLESS! You can make this for yourself, your spouse, kids, friends, parties, office potlucks, etc. It's just really super easy shredded chicken!