Follow me on Facebook!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Healthy & EASY Crock Pot Chicken

Wow!  My oh my has it been a LONG time since I have posted a recipe.  Too long in fact!  I have just been incredibly busy.  My priorities have been with God, my family (my sister is expecting her first child and very soon I shall be AUNTIE Candy!!!), my amazing friends, my wonderful boyfriend, my new job that I am loving, I moved, I had surgery... so much has happened!  I feel great though, I recently had my blood work done and I am indeed very healthy inside & out which makes me feel like I am on cloud 9!  It has taken a long time to feel such joy and contentment and I am just so happy to be where I am at today :)

Anyways, you're not here to read about my life.  I know you want this super easy, healthy, and of course, delicious slow cooker chicken recipe!  Just a quick background explanation about it though :)  I have always either baked or grilled my chicken breasts in preparation for meals throughout the week.  Recently, since I have been so short on time, I have begun to utilize my crock pot more and more!  And boy am I glad I did.  This is by far the most convenient way I have ever cooked my chicken breasts, so I figured I would share it with you.  It's perfect for anyone!  If you're on competition prep, you're single, married, a busy mother or father with kids, this is just GREAT!

As I've stated before in previous posts, I usually buy my chicken breasts in bulk and cook them all at once so I have protein ready to grab and go at any time.


Healthy & EASY Crock Pot Chicken



Ingredients:
- 4 lbs of Chicken Breast (You can always cook less if you don't want to make a huge batch)
- 1 to 2 cups of Low Sodium Chicken Broth (Enough to almost cover the chicken)
- Herbs & Seasonings You Like! (I usually use Mrs. Dash)

Instructions:
- Place fresh, unfrozen all natural Chicken Breasts in your crock pot.
- Season to taste.
- Pour Low Sodium Chicken Broth over the Chicken Breasts.
- Cover.
- Cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Use two forks to pull apart the Chicken Breasts.  It will practically fall apart because it is so moist and tender.

Place chicken in a covered container and use in any recipes throughout the week that call for shredded chicken!

Recipe Examples:
- Shredded chicken salad.
- Shredded chicken tacos.
- Pulled chicken sandwiches.
- BBQ pulled chicken and veggies.
- Pulled chicken pizza.
- Chicken quesadillas.
- Pulled chicken pitas.
- Shredded buffalo chicken sliders.
- Slow cooker chicken nachos.

I mean really, the list is ENDLESS!  You can make this for yourself, your spouse, kids, friends, parties, office potlucks, etc.  It's just really super easy shredded chicken!










No comments:

Post a Comment