Follow me on Facebook!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Banana Coconut Protein Pancakes

Unfortunately for me I have been bitten by the flu bug and so I stayed home from work yesterday just bumming around the house.  Fortunately for you all, I can't sit still for long and of course I became hungry but my throat hurt :(  Then it hit me... warm, soft, and sweet... PROTEIN PANCAKES!!! I haven't made protein pancakes in quite some time so I just grabbed what sounded good to me and this is the result :)

Banana Coconut Protein Pancakes


Ingredients:
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (I used VPX SRO)
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Organic Oats
- 1/2 small Banana
- 1/8 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda

Instructions:
- Blend all ingredients in a blender (I use my Magic Bullet) until mixture is of pancake batter consistency (this should take less than 30 seconds).
- Coat a non-stick pan with Organic Coconut Oil.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into pan and cook on Medium-Low heat for about 2 minutes on each side.

*Tip* When air bubbles form on top that is a good indicator that you should flip your protein pancake!

This recipe produces 3 medium sized protein pancakes which is one serving.

Enjoy!

I topped my Banana Coconut Protein Pancakes with a tbsp of Walden Farms Syrup because they were perfect on their own, but if you'd like some options, below I have listed healthy topping suggestions :)

My Topping Suggestions:
- Fresh Fruit; Banana, Blueberries, Strawberries, etc.
- All Natural, Unsalted Nuts; Almonds, Walnuts, etc.
- All Natural Organic Nut Butter; Almond Butter, Peanut Butter, Sun Butter, etc.
- Organic Coconut Flakes

Nutritional Information:
295 calories, 2.8g fat, 383mg sodium, 515mg potassium, 31g carbohydrates (6g fiber, 6g sugar), 36.2g protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment