Follow me on Facebook!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cabbage Slaw Salad

Today I was blessed to spend the day with my mom!  Whenever we get together, we always have a great time :) Our activities usually consist of shopping, crafting, and of course... cooking!  A lot of my clean eating ideas stem from things my mother makes.

Currently, my mom and my stepdad are gradually transitioning into the Paleo lifestyle.  In fact, I even bought them a Paleo cookbook for Christmas.  So today's lunch is 100% Paleo approved!  We made made a delicious grilled chicken breast topped with a strawberry, mango, clementine salsa and on the side, an amazingly healthy cabbage slaw salad.  I knew immediately I had to share this with you all because it is incredibly easy and SO yummy!  I'm glad we made a big batch of it because I'm going to take some home with me to eat with my lunch tomorrow :)



Cabbage Slaw Salad
Serves 8

Ingredients:
- 3 cups Coleslaw
- 3 miniature Bell Peppers (red, orange, & yellow)
- 2 medium Organic Gala Apples, diced
- 1 medium Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- Lemon (squeeze on diced apples to prevent browning)

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl!

How easy is that?!


Simple. Healthy. Delicious.

My mom and I went shopping before lunch and picked up some organic hazelnut oil and organic walnut oil.  We tried both oils on separate slaw to see which one we preferred.  I liked the walnut and my mom liked the hazelnut!  So everyone has their own preference of flavor of course.  You could also use organic olive oil or your own dressing.  I think a light raspberry vinaigrette would be a great choice.

Enjoy!

Nutritional Information:
Per 1 Cup Serving
71 calories, 2.5g fat, 8.1mg sodium, 108.6mg potassium, 11.1g carbohydrates (2g fiber, 8g sugar), 1.4g protein.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Indian Food Network welcomes all expert chiefs to show their talents. Would love to see your recepie again. India food network cooking channel

    ReplyDelete