Follow me on Facebook!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

Truth be told I wanted to make this for Valentine's Day. Lol! <3 Satisfy your sweet tooth without sabotaging all your hard work with this deliciously easy 
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups recipe.

 
Ingredients:
- 4 squares 90% Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp PB2 Chocolate Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/8 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

Instructions:
- Melt 2 squares of dark chocolate and spread over bottom and sides of 3 tin cupcake liners to cover.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- While waiting, mix together chocolate PB2 and vanilla almond milk (you could just use water if you don't have almond milk).
- Once chocolate has hardened, remove from freezer and evenly distribute filling into the molds.
- Melt 2 remaining dark chocolate squares and pour over tops to cover.
- Place the treats back in the freezer for another 15 minutes to allow chocolate to harden.
- After the chocolate has set, remove Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups from freezer and ENJOY!  I made enough so that myself, my boyfriend, and his best friend could each have one :)


No baking required!
How easy and awesome is that?!


*Studies show that eating a small amount of dark chocolate two or three times a week can help lower your blood pressure.  In addition, dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants and has a low glycemic index, meaning it won't cause huge spikes in blood sugar levels.*


Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Serving Size - 1 Chocolate  Peanut Butter Cup
96.7 calories, 7.8g fat, 34.2mg sodium, 7.5mg potassium,
5.8g carbohydrates (2g fiber, 2g sugar) 2.7g protein

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I was sent by 100days of clean eating on IG. I'm trying to make this, but my store didn't carry bakers dark chocolate and so I had to get Hershey's special dal chocolate candy bars... They wouldn't melt for crap! What type of dark chocolate are you supposed to use??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun! Yay! I love 100daysofcleaneating <3 :) I believe I used Lindt Excellence 90% Dark Cocoa to be exact! And if I recall correctly I found it at the Publix by my house. But, if anything, you can always browse your local Whole Foods or the closest health grocer in your area and find a similar brand. Hope that helps!

      Delete