Follow me on Facebook!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Protein Pancakes

Maybe I should change my blog to Protein Pancake Paradise! Lol!  I know I post a lot of protein pancake recipes but I just can't help that I adore pancakes :) Any who, I woke up this morning with a huge hankering for something sweet!  Alone, my usual egg whites and oatmeal just wasn't going to satisfy my sweet tooth, but together with a couple added ingredients... they can make magic!  My goal was to meet my macros; I needed to get at least 25g of protein and 20g of carbohydrates in my system for my morning meal.  This recipe packs 31g of protein and 20g of carbohydrates.  Mission accomplished!

Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Protein Pancakes
Serves 1

Ingredients:
1) 1 scoop VPX SRO Zero Carb Chocolate Whey Protein
2) 15g Organic Oat Flour (I used Arrowhead Mills)
3) 1/4 cup Egg Whites
4) 1/8 cup Applesauce
5) 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
6) 1 tbsp Peanut Butter & Co. - Cinnamon Raisin Swirl
 

Instructions:
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together until it is of pancake batter consistency. (The great thing about this recipe is that you don't even need a blender, you can just mix with a spoon!)
- Coat pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter onto pan and cook on Medium-Low heat until golden brown (this should take about 2 minutes on each side).
*Tip* When the pancake begins to bubble that is a good indicator that you should flip!
- Spread 1/2 tbsp of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter onto each pancake.


ENJOY!



This recipe makes 2 medium sized protein pancakes, nutritional information below includes all ingredients!

Nutritional Information:
258 calories, 7g fat, 198mg sodium, 296mg potassium, 20g carbohydrates (3g fiber, 6g sugar), 31g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment