Follow me on Facebook!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Chicken Breast Bundles

I love buying my food in bulk and preparing my meals in advance so I always have clean and delicious food ready to eat.  No excuses!  If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail and I'd rather set myself up for success!  So I went to SAMs with my mom today to stock up on some healthy eats for the week.

My fit food for this week!

I wanted to do something a little different and have some fun with my chicken and veggies so I just rolled them all up together and they turned out ahmazeballz!

These Chicken Breast Bundles were so simple to make and tasted moist and scrumptious so I thought I'd share my easy recipe with you all :)


Candy's Chicken Breast Bundles

Ingredients:
- 4 Chicken Breasts (4 oz. each)
- 4 tbsp Mrs. Dash Zesty Garlic Herb Marinade 
- 12 Asparagus Spears (cut in half)
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper (sliced small)


Instructions:
- Pound chicken breast down to thin layer (about 1/4 an inch thick).
- Spread 1 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Marinade on each chicken breast.
- Wash and cut asparagus spears in half and place 6 halves on one end of marinated chicken breast.
- Wash and slice a red bell pepper and place 2 thin slices amongst the asparagus.
- Roll up the veggies inside the chicken and place toothpicks through to hold.
- Grill Chicken Breast Bundles on 400 degree heat for about 12 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked (chicken should be cooked to a temperature of 165 degrees F).




I really loved the blend of flavors this provided!  The marinade made the savory chicken and asparagus zesty, and the red bell pepper added a wonderful sweetness.  You can always experiment and add different vegetables or even fruit!  I can't wait to try out various combinations :)  Keep it simple and keep it clean and of course enjoy every bite!



Nutritional Information:
Per Serving (Serves 4)
153 calories, 5g fat, 70mg sodium, 
5g carbohydrates (1g fiber, 2g sugar), 25g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment