I love buying my food in bulk and preparing my meals in advance so I always have clean and delicious food ready to eat. No excuses! If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail and I'd rather set myself up for success! So I went to SAMs with my mom today to stock up on some healthy eats for the week.
|My fit food for this week!|
I wanted to do something a little different and have some fun with my chicken and veggies so I just rolled them all up together and they turned out ahmazeballz!
These Chicken Breast Bundles were so simple to make and tasted moist and scrumptious so I thought I'd share my easy recipe with you all :)
Candy's Chicken Breast Bundles
- 4 Chicken Breasts (4 oz. each)
- 4 tbsp Mrs. Dash Zesty Garlic Herb Marinade
- 12 Asparagus Spears (cut in half)
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper (sliced small)
- Pound chicken breast down to thin layer (about 1/4 an inch thick).
- Spread 1 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Marinade on each chicken breast.
- Wash and cut asparagus spears in half and place 6 halves on one end of marinated chicken breast.
- Wash and slice a red bell pepper and place 2 thin slices amongst the asparagus.
- Roll up the veggies inside the chicken and place toothpicks through to hold.
- Grill Chicken Breast Bundles on 400 degree heat for about 12 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked (chicken should be cooked to a temperature of 165 degrees F).
I really loved the blend of flavors this provided! The marinade made the savory chicken and asparagus zesty, and the red bell pepper added a wonderful sweetness. You can always experiment and add different vegetables or even fruit! I can't wait to try out various combinations :) Keep it simple and keep it clean and of course enjoy every bite!
Per Serving (Serves 4)
153 calories, 5g fat, 70mg sodium,
5g carbohydrates (1g fiber, 2g sugar), 25g protein