This is my FAVORITE meal to make! And for numerous reasons;
It's quick, easy, uses minimal ingredients, healthy, and of course, delicious!
You can always experiment with different ingredients and toppings ;)
Recently, I added spinach and vanilla extract to the pancake batter and it was amazeballz!
Ingredients: Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 1/4 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/4 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites
- 1 scoop VPX SRO Chocolate Whey Protein
Ingredients: Peanut Butter & Banana Topping
- 2 tbsp All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 medium Organic Banana
- Blend all protein pancake ingredients in a blender (I use my Magic Bullet) until mixture is of pancake batter consistency (this should take less than 30 seconds).
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour half of the mixture into pan and cook on Low heat for about 2 minutes on each side.
*Tip* When air bubbles form on top that is a good indicator that you should flip your protein pancake!
This recipe produces 2 medium sized protein pancakes.
Spread 1 tbsp of peanut butter on each protein pancake when warm for a gooey syrup consistency.
Slice banana and layer half on one protein pancake and half on top.
If you are watching your sugar and carbohydrate intake be advised that peanut butter and bananas are high in both.