Follow me on Facebook!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cloud 9 Cakes

I often get asked what brand of protein powder I use in my recipes, well, here it is!
VPX SRO Zero Carb
I love using this protein powder in my recipes because it's only 80 calories per scoop, packed with 20 grams of protein and ZERO carbs!  Also, it tastes great ;)

Now, on to some simple clean cooking!

I have been trying to figure out different ways to use the ever so fabulous PB2 and so far I haven't had much success... until now!  Woo hoo!  

If at first you don't succeed... try, try, again!  

With hints of chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, and cinnamon, these protein pancakes were SO scrumptious.  They remind me of fluffy clouds and everyone thought they looked like a cake, hence, Cloud 9 Cakes :)  I was pleasantly surprised with the texture, they came out incredibly moist.  And as far as taste goes, I'm glad I kept trying cause these cakes are heavenly!



Cloud 9 Cakes

Ingredients:
- 1 scoop SRO Zero Carb Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/4 cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup Egg Whites
- 1/8 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 tablespoon PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 packet Stevia Pure Via

Topping:
- 1/2 cup All Natural Fage Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 packet Stevia Pure Via
- 1/8 cup Cocoa Almonds

Instructions:
- Blend all of the ingredients together (I use my handy dandy Magic Bullet).
- Cook pancakes on Low heat on a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the meantime, mix Greek Yogurt and Stevia together.
- Spread half of the topping in between cakes and the other half on top.
- Place Almonds on top.

Easy!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment