Follow me on Facebook!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pumpkin Protein Bars

I stayed home from work today because I was feeling under the weather :(  If you know me personally, you know I'm not the type of gal that can just sit around and do nothing all day.  So, when I was at Publix picking up my prescription, I saw cans of pumpkin and I knew immediately that I had to make Jamie Eason's Pumpkin Protein Bars.  I have made these once before and they were absolutely delicious!


Pumpkin Protein Bars are perfect anytime of year, but they are especially wonderful during this lovely autumn season.  Get the taste of fall when you bite into one of these bad boys.  But there's no need to feel guilty, cause these babies are made with simple and healthy ingredients that produce cake like consistency treats! Enjoy one with a nice cold glass of almond milk as a sweet snack or delicious dessert :)


Ingredients:

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
  3. Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
  4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
  5. Makes 24 squares.

Nutrition Facts:
Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories,.7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment