Pumpkin Protein Bars are perfect anytime of year, but they are especially wonderful during this lovely autumn season. Get the taste of fall when you bite into one of these bad boys. But there's no need to feel guilty, cause these babies are made with simple and healthy ingredients that produce cake like consistency treats! Enjoy one with a nice cold glass of almond milk as a sweet snack or delicious dessert :)
- ½ C Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 - 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 - 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
- 2 C oat flour
- 2 scoops VPX SRO Vanilla Whey Protein
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ C chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
- Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
- Makes 24 squares.
Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories,.7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein