Follow me on Facebook!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Warm Carrot Cake Oatmeal

This recipe is absolutely perfect for fall!

I was so excited to try it out and was blown away by how scrumptious it was!  Inspired by a recipe posted on sarahfit.com which used quinoa, I decided to try quick cooking oatmeal instead.   It's wonderful because it incorporates fruits and veggies for a delicious balanced breakfast.  I made it as a hearty snack to satisfy my sweet tooth.  Using basic ingredients, it is super simple to prepare, taking only about 10 minutes total!  Wow!



Warm Carrot Cake Oatmeal  
(Serves 2)

Ingredients:

- 1 cup Cooked Oatmeal 
  (Cook according to directions, you only need 1 cup COOKED, should be about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (I used Vanilla Almond Breeze)
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Carrots (I shredded mini carrots in my VitaMix)
- 1/2 tablespoon of Stevia
- 1/2 tablespoon of Cinnamon (I probably used more like 1 tablespoon because I love cinnamon)
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Smooth Sensations Cream Cheese Spread Classic Cream 1/3 Less Fat
- 1/4 cup walnuts or slivered almonds (optional topping)


Instructions:
- Prepare oatmeal according to directions.  
  (I used quick cooking oatmeal which took about 2 minutes in the microwave).
- In a small pot, combine almond milk, raisins and shredded carrots.
- Heat for about 5 minutes or until the raisins are plump.
- Add in the cooked oatmeal, Laughing Cow wedge, cinnamon and Stevia.
- Stir until the Laughing Cow Cream Cheese is dissolved.
- This recipe yeilds 2 servings, but, I broke it down into 3 servings to share with my parents!
- Top with your favorite chopped nut (I used walnuts of course).


Be prepared for euphoria in your mouth :)
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment