Follow me on Facebook!

Friday, November 16, 2012

French Thins

After looking at someone's Instagram photo of delicious french toast I really wanted, no, I needed, some french toast for breakfast! Lol!  So, after my cardio sesh this morning I scoured my kitchen in search of a few basic ingredients to make a healthy and delicious batter.  As for the bread, I used one whole Flax & Fiber Arnold Sandwich Thin, which, if you're counting calories, is only 100 cal per roll.  Also, they are high in fiber and pack 5g of protein, score!  Any who, this batter recipe below actually makes enough for two servings, meaning, it is more than enough to dredge 2 whole sandwich thins (4 slices) in!  You can make this breakfast for you and your boo, or do what I did and prepare the other French Thins for a tasty mid-day treat!

French Thins!
Banana Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate French Thins! (say that 5 times fast) lol!

Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup Egg Whites
- 1/4 scoop VPX SRO Zero Carb Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- Splash of VPX Chocolate Protein Rush
- 2 Flax & Fiber Arnold Sandwich Thins

If you're not a chocoholic like me *gasp!* then you can always sub it for vanilla protein and add some pure vanilla extract to the mix ;)

Instructions:
- Whisk the first four ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat on Low.
- Soak slices in batter.
- Cook covered until golden brown (about 1-2 minutes) on each side.

As you can see from the above picture I topped mine with two of my favorite foods, banana and peanut butter!  I sliced up half of a small banana and used 1 tbsp of Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin spread.  Amazeballz!  I also sprinkled some sunflower seeds on top for an added *crunch* :)

You can add your own toppings/stuffings to meet your nutritional needs and suit your taste buds.  Below I listed some suggestions I may have to try myself!

Stuffing Suggestions
- Apples
- Pears
- Peaches
- Berries
- Nuts
- Greek Yogurt
- Honey/Agave
- PB2

Nutritional Info (per serving): without toppings
140.3 calories, 1.1g fat, 259.8mg sodium, 92mg potassium, 21.3g carbohydrates (5.2g fiber, 2g sugar), 13.3g protein.

With the toppings it came out to about 285 calories and 18g protein.
Caloric Breakdown:
French Thins Batter - 40 cal per serving
Flax & Fiber Arnold's Sandwich Thins - 100 cal per roll
Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter - 80 cal per tbsp
Banana - 45 cal for 1/2
Sunflower Seeds - 20 cal

Hope this helps :)

And as always... I hope you ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment