OVERSTUFFED BELL PEPPERS
- Organic Tomato Sauce (enough to cover the bottom of a casserole dish)
- 5 Large Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1.5 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash - Italian Medley
- 2 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup Organic Brown Rice (could sub quinoa), COOKED
- 1 cup Zucchini, diced
- 3 oz Fresh Mozzarella
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Spray pan with olive oil and cook the onions until translucent (5-7 minutes).
- Add minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season ground turkey with Mrs. Dash then add the ground turkey and brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked ground turkey, cooked brown rice, and zucchini.
- Scoop mixture into each bell pepper half.
- Sprinkle ground black pepper on top of each to taste.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. If desired, uncover, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Scoop tomato sauce from bottom of the pan and drizzle on top to serve.
1 serving = 1/2 bell pepper
177.8 cal, 4.8g fat, 66.6mg cholesterol, 133.1mg sodium, 172mg potassium,
11.8g carbs (1.9g fiber, 2.7g sugar), 24.1g protein